Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Last Leg. Almost.



Redline and I set out from Louisville bright and early at just a little past noon. We hit a couple stores to pick up some minor cooking utensils and a machete. Yes, a machete. Redline already had one, and decided it would be more efficient if we each had one to work with.

We'll pick up the last of the tools we need tomorrow morning. We're going to spend the night in Newport, Tennessee, and drive the last few miles to the site in the morning.

Tomorrow, we'll also need to hit the post office in Marshall, NC, to get a P.O. Box. If any of you would like the address for some reason, shoot me an email and I'll give it to you.

The last pick up for tomorrow is the straw bales, which we'll use to build the initial shelter. Seems I remember a story about a straw house. Hope we don't run into any wolves.

Other than that, we'll spend most of the day clearing brush and trees to establish a camp site.



Look at that thing. Too bad I never learned to speak Hovitos.

- CheeZ

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to both of you on your first day out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...bright and early at just a little past noon" I like that.

    You know I want the address for the PO box so you should just email it to me when you can.

    Name that movie - "It's my mom's lucky machete..."

    ReplyDelete