Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Louisville

Redline and I pulled into Louisville, Kentucky, on Sunday night. My friend, Freddy, invited us to stop in and stay with him. We were quite happy to accept. Freddy and I have known each other for quite a few years and I think the world of the guy. He moved out to Kentucky from California for the second time about a year ago and says he likes it quite a bit. Now that I've seen the place for myself, I can see why. It's a lovely city with lots of personality, and there's a warmth and kindness to the people that's instantly endearing.

We spent Sunday night through Tuesday morning in Louisville. Freddy and his housemates, Dan and Scott, shared their home with us and allowed us to rest up, eat well (Freddy showed off his skills on the barbecue), and get ourselves psyched up for the last leg of the trip.

Their friend John ate supper with us and shared a lot of good info about North Carolina. When we'd finished eating, Redline and I were introduced to a game called, "Family Business." Lots of fun.

Guys, if you're reading this, thank you for your kindness and hospitality. It meant a lot and we appreciate it.

- CheeZ

2 comments: